lp -n dosen't print more than one copy

Martin Lorenz martin at lorenz.eu.org
Tue Dec 7 07:39:25 PST 2004

Tried for quite a while now to find out why my CUPS only prints out
one single copy no matter what number I specify at lp -n

maybe I was looking at the wrong places, but I diden't find a report anywhere

cupsd.conf has a MaxCopies setting of 50
(I inserted that line as a first try...)

the PPD says *cupsManualCopies: False
(I tried to set it to True without causing a change)

I tried different protocols (ipp dosen't work with my MarkNet S card, lpd and JetDirect give same result - JetDirect seems to be much slower)

Printer: Lexmark OPTRA S 1250
connected to Ethernet via MarkNet S Card
CUPS server running on a Debian box (sid)
Client is a Debian box too (sid)

thanks for any hint
mlo