is it possible to create a copy to an other print queue?

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Wed Dec 8 05:48:15 PST 2004

Maik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to print a copy of a job to an other print queue?
> I have the following problem:
> Printing original invoices is possible only one time. After that
> I just can print copies of that invoices.
> So, my idea: What about printing that job in a queue and a copy of that job in an other queue (normally in hold state).
>
> Is that possible? Or has anybody an other ideoption to print a copy on the same queue in the documentation.
>
> Thanks for help

Write a wrapper around the backend you use for your "original invoices
printer" and print the copy there.
The following hint will cause headache to Michael Sweet, but currently
it does work: get the job-id from the command line params, get
the spool dir from the environment variables and then print
the file dxxxxx (where xxxxx is the job id with leading zeros)
to your "copies printer".

Helge

--
Helge Blischke