Generic Question about cups and printing

seer seer at example.com
Wed Dec 8 13:14:54 PST 2004

Michael Sweet wrote:
>> 4. My goal is to be able to print an html document encoded in
>>    utf-8 containing English, Japanese, and Vietnamese text.
>>    Is this a pipe-dream under cups?
>

> Not at all, but you'll need a browser that produces the right
> PS/PDF output to get it to print correctly.

I see, so then using embedded fonts and such things should be
able to achieve the output I want, but mozilla on my linux is
perhaps unable to make the correct ps output :(

To test this I did download some postscript files that have
embedded fonts in them and they do indeed print fine through
cups.

Thanks for the answer Micheal :) My issues must be completely
outside of anything cups related, and instead in mozilla
or maybe ghostscript...