[cups.general] Re: Generic Question about cups and printing

seer seer at example.com
Thu Dec 9 08:06:15 PST 2004

angel bosch wrote:
>>Thanks for the answer Micheal :) My issues must be completely
>>outside of anything cups related, and instead in mozilla
>>or maybe ghostscript...
> in order to save paper and time you can try to print to file rather than
> printer.

(in case anyone was still interested)

I looking into the mozilla issue a little bit more: it seems that for
the Xft builds of mozilla that there are some changes to unify font
handling between Xft's font lookup system, and the freetype PS rendering.
In the current mozilla 1.7, you still have to use the raw lib freetype
rendering (which is unavailable to me because fedora turns off raw
libfreetype support on its mozilla by default, and that would explain
the poor quality of postscript it generates)

I'm kindof surprised that this very recent distro still has terrible
i18n printing from mozilla/ (the main thing I would print from!)
Perhaps Ill try recompiling from the src rpm and reenabling raw
libfreetype support for printing...

Anyway, cups in and of itself is working perfectly :)