[cups.general] CUPS filtering

Pascal DeMilly list.cups at newgenesys.com
Fri Dec 10 11:30:11 PST 2004

Helge,

Thanks for answering back. What I don't understand is why the last
printer in the chain doesn't look at what it is receiving, see that it
is a postscript file and do a pstorasterize before sending it to the
laserjet filter? I thought this was the way cups worked. Everything up
to the last filter is geared toward postscript.

There is a file in my /etc/cups directory a mime.convs. In that file
there is a mimetype called:

application/vnd.cups-postscript        application/vnd.cups-raster     100     pstoraster

Should I enable this? And what is the difference between that file and
pstoraster.convs and mime.convs?

Thanks for all your help

Pascal

--