Filter for sending e-mail

Colin McDonald ce.mcdonald at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 09:12:44 PST 2004

Hi Helge, thanks again for your help and guidance.

lpadmin let me add the printer that way but I still don't see a file device using lpinfo -v. I have seen documentation that states that if you don't see the file device that you won't be able to print with it.

You mentioned mimes.conv and mimes.type. The files state that they will be overwritten when cups restarts.

How do you enable CUPS to print to a file device?

Here is a person who ran into the same trouble and created a perl script socket listener and created a network printer that then printed to a file but I don't know Perl. I messed around with the code a little but couldn't get it to do what I wanted. FYI

http://www.aplawrence.com/MacOSX/macosxcupstofile.html

I appreciate ya!

Colin