[cups.general] samba , changed ppd-files

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Tue Dec 14 04:15:18 PST 2004

Peter Kobe wrote:

> Hallo List,
> environment: cups 1.1.22, samba 3.0.7
>
> I have to change a ppd-file.
> No problems for the u*x environment
> for the SAMBA-World I cupsaddsmb the changed printers.
> Question: Is there a way to automaticly update the already installed printers.
> Otherwise I have to tell the samba-users "please reinstall printerxx" or
> go to user "innocent" and do it myself.
>
> Thanks for an answer.
>
> Peter

I don't know of any aoutomatism here, but what we currently do is as
follows:

As the users usually log in to their Win boxes at most once a day, we
installed
a login script that imports all the printers the user(s) have installed
from the
CUPS server. Running this script may take a while, but the WInxx users
need not
think about modified printers.

Helge

--