Suse 9.2 and CUPS.

Jordi jordi at perdigo.com
Tue Dec 14 07:25:46 PST 2004

Hi all!

I've just installed Suse 9.2 The installation process have gone without problems and all the printers atached to the parallel ports have been recognized.

At last,  when I try to print to any printer I get the same message from the CUPS queue:

"Unable to open parallel port device file "/dev/lp0": Permission denied"

There is no file such this in /dev directory.  Instead, I've found that lp0,lp1 and lp2 files are located in /dev/usb directory.  I have no idea of how to move this files or how to reconfigure CUPS to force the search of lpX in /dev/usb.

Any suggesttions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.