Scaling problem printing to CUPS from non-KDE apps

icebiker icebiker at ca.inter.net
Wed Dec 15 08:50:51 PST 2004

Hi,

I set up my printer using the KDE printing manager. The test page came
out perfectly, and anything I print from a KDE app is fine. But, when I
print from a non KDE app such as Mozilla or dia (a diagraming tool like
Visio), the image is much larger (at least twice as large as it should
be), and runs off the page.   lpr-ing a raw text file seems to produce
reasonable output.

I'm printing to an HP932C on an XP/Pro box through samba. I'm using the
hpijs.ppd, and the nickname is "HP DeskJet 932C Foomatic/hpijs
(recommended)"

I'm figuring I've got some sort of filter problem, that maybe the wrong
filter is being selected. How do I know what format applications use to
print in? How does that communicated to CUPS?

/icebiker