[cups.general] Suse 9.2 and CUPS.

Jordi jordi at perdigo.com
Wed Dec 15 09:35:09 PST 2004

Dear Johannes,

Suse 9.2 recognize all of my parallel ports,  including the motherboar's one (Intel D845GERG2) and two ports located in a pci card (Sunix 4014).   The installation program (the new Yast2) detects and install all the printers attached to the ports (Designjet 220,  Ricoh Aficio 220 and HP laserjet 5).  At this point all seems running fine but after the install,  you got a messy installation with no /dev/lp files.

As I have pointed, the ancient Suse 8.2 just runs fine with the same hardware,  but the new version 9.2 need some patching.

Thanks a lot.