RendezVous / ZeroConf support

Hubert Figuiere hub at nit.ca
Wed Dec 15 10:35:40 PST 2004

Michael Sweet wrote:

>> Is there any way to have the print queues advertised over ZeroConf /
>> RendezVous ?
>>
>> I don't see anything even in 1.2 branch
>

> I believe that Apple has some glue code in the Darwin sources.

After looking at the cups diffs from Apple, no easily because cups-58
(the version in MacOS X 10.3) is derived from some untagged version in
CVS before 1.1.20rc1.

Basically they use notify_post() which is a Mach call apparently, too
notify about printer list changes...

Q: would you be interested by code to register printer on RendezVous in
CUPS ? I need it and it shouldn't be too hard, and I'd love to have it
in upstream if possible.

Hub