[cups.general] flushing a queue

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Wed Dec 15 13:06:21 PST 2004

That's brilliant thanks.

Brian
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: TPanaitescu at colorcon.com
  Newsgroups: cups.general
  To: Mirror of cups.general Newsgroup
  Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 3:09 PM
  Subject: Re: [cups.general] flushing a queue

  for i in `lpstat -o|grep <printername>|awk '{print $1}'`; do cancel $i; done

  from the command line.

        "Brian Chivers" <brian at tpc.ac.uk>
        Sent by: cups-bounces at easysw.com
        12/15/2004 09:35 AM Please respond to
              Brian Chivers <brian at tpc.ac.uk>; Please respond to
              "Mirror of cups.general Newsgroup" <cups at easysw.com>

       To cups at easysw.com
              cc
              Subject [cups.general] flushing a queue

  Is there an easy way either via the web frontend or CLI to cancel all the
  jobs in a CUPS queue. I have several Cups servers in the College and every
  now and again students go a bit "click" happy and try to print hundreds of
  copies of the same document.

  Currently I'm going in via the web frontend and cancelling each job in turn
  which is a little tiresome *grin*

  The servers are Debian "Woody" with Wn2K clients printing via IPP

  Thanks
  Brian Chivers
  Portsmouth College