Bad performance with large job history

anthony at alperts.com anthony at alperts.com
Wed Dec 15 17:31:16 PST 2004

Hi Jan,

We are experiencing the same problem.  We are running 1.17.  Today things started getting very slow.  I noticed all the files in the /var/spool/cups directory and had a hunch they had something to do with the slowness.  Researching the problem brought me here.  Obviously, you have proved that this is the cause.

I was going thru the cups administrators manual and on page 29 there is reference to a param for cupsd.conf AutoPurgeJobs.  Supposed to work with quotas only. The default is no.  Have you tried this option = yes ?

If you find a fix elsewhere I would be interested in knowing the fix.  I have also opened a case with RedHat for this problem.  If they give me anything that works I'll pass it on.

Anthony