HP 4100 - Select Tray

Joe Trent jtrent at bighamtakeoutbrothers.com
Thu Dec 16 12:07:27 PST 2004

Hi,

On Red Hat 9 / CUPS I'm printing text to an HP 4101. Everything works
ok, except I can't seem to select the tray. If I put paper in the manual
feed tray (tray1), it selects it. But otherwise, the paper comes out of
the default letter size tray2. I can't make it print from legal size in
tray3. I've tried lots of things including:

lp -s -dHP4101 -otray3 test.file
lp -s -dHP4101 -olegal test.file
lp -s -dHP4101 -olegal,tray3 test.file

Some code from my ppd:

*InputSlot Tray3/Tray 3: "%% FoomaticRIPOptionSetting: InputSlot=Tray3"
*FoomaticRIPOptionSetting InputSlot=Tray3: "<</ManualFeed false &&
/MediaPosition 1>>setpagedevice\n"
*End

I can change orientation fine, so something's getting through.

Thanks for any help,
Joe