Bad performance with large job history

anthony at alperts.com anthony at alperts.com
Thu Dec 16 16:48:15 PST 2004

MaxJobs 500
means that you can have 500 jobs active in the print queue at any given time.  So, you could print 500 jobs, when they finish, do it again, and so on.  Your history will keep growing.  We ran into this when we were printing  1500+ individual tags on a slow printer.  After the 500th job the requests would be denied.  So some tags were getting skipped.  The fix was to set MaxJobs to '0' to be able to have an infinite number of print requests in the queue at any given time.
Anthony