Bad performance with large job history

jan.bronee at borealisgroup.com jan.bronee at borealisgroup.com
Fri Dec 17 00:10:20 PST 2004

Michael Sweet wrote:
> anthony at alperts.com wrote:
> > MaxJobs 500
> > means that you can have 500 jobs active in the print queue at any
> > given time.  So, you could print 500 jobs, when they finish, do it
> > again, and so on.  Your history will keep growing.  We ran into this
>  > ...
>
> No, the history will be thrown away when you get 500 jobs.
>
> The rest of what you said was correct.
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Publishing Software        http://www.easysw.com

Hi,

Acording to the hints/comments in cupsd.conf, the default-value for MaxJobs is 500. This did NOT work for me (jobs was not purged). But after un-commenting MaxJobs and setting the value to 8 (on a test server) everything worked fine :-)

I will now set MaxJobs to 1500 on our production servers and see what happens tomorrow (I am sure it will work just fine)

Thanks for the assistance
  Jan