[cups.general] Device Not Found error

Lyle Raymond sly_raymond at charter.net
Fri Dec 17 13:51:04 PST 2004

I just installed a HP Deskjet 3740.  In the cups online admin tool, I see an
"open device failed" error.  The usb port and cable seem to work fine.  The
printer setup utility successfully detected the make and serial number of the
printer.  Jobs enter the queue.  Before I declare this a printer problem and
return the unit, can anyone suggest how to further troubleshoot?
--
Gxis Revida,

S L Raymond

This message (excluding forwarded material) composed using EPrime.

Support School Choice initiatives.

"Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and
he will be warm for the rest of his life."
      			--Anonymous