consistent problems in KDE printing to remote cups server

pipitas k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Dec 21 18:05:26 PST 2004

pipitas wrote:

> I think I am the 2nd most experienced person on the planet with
> KDE/CUPS printing, across various KDE releases since 1.0. But I
> never experienced something like this.

Since I received 2 emails expressing their doubts about my sane
state of mind, I think I need to clarify my words:

 * of course I often saw KDEPrint "login dialogs" when connecting
   to a CUPS server.
 * but I never so these login dialogs "no matter what the print
   server's access controls are".

There surely is a way to avoid the login dialog provided the "right"
setting for this is put into effect.

;-)

Cheers, Kurt