[cups.general] filter options effect banner too

pipitas k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Dec 22 14:19:18 PST 2004

Alex Finch wrote:

>   I am just setting up a cups system for the first time, and I have found
>   the
> following bizarre behaviour. I issued the command:
>
> lpr -o "prettyprint columns=2 landscape" /etc/printcap
>
> this doesn't just make the output landscape as required, it also rotates
> the banner page, which is not required.

I for my part like this behaviour.

> Is there any way to avoid this!

I don't see any other option than to either hard-code the "portrait"
option into the PostScript code of the banner pages, or to insert some
special string into the banner page code that helps to print it as
"always portrait" with the help of a specially defined mime.type....

Cheers,
Kurt