WinXP Print-Properties Crash

pipitas k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Dec 23 06:44:21 PST 2004

leolite1 at gmail.com wrote:

> Sorry on skipping the details...

[....]

> ========
> samba-3.0.0-15,

I'm afraid, Samba-3.0.0 is too old to find anyone helping you to debug
it. There have been 10 releases since, and nearly each and every one
brought some printing-related improvements or bug-fixes.

I suggest you take the trouble to point your browser to the Samba
Release Notes, and just search for "print" and "driv" and "spool" and
read the 2 sentences surrounding your matches. If it doesnt prompt
you to upgrade Samba to 3.0.10 (or newer, should it be released),
you'll have to live with your crashes forever:

   http://us2.samba.org/samba/history/samba-3.0.10.html

Also, you didnt say which printer PPDs (from which sources) you
are using, and if you did run them through the cupstestppd utility.

Cheers,
Kurt