[cups.general] clients across multiple subnets

bob flynn bob.flynn at s3group.com
Thu Dec 23 07:37:19 PST 2004

Hi,

I am looking at setting up cups for a number of client ( Solaris + Linux
( primarily Red Hat )
across a number of subnets in a single location.

 From reading the Systems Admin manual, I understand that configurating
clients to relay printers to other
clients is the most efficient way of making cups print servers available
to clients across subnet boundries.
( http://www.cups.org/sam.html#CLIENT_RELAY )

My question is regarding the cups server.

Can I simply add additional network cards to a single cups server and
have it multi-homed and thus be accessable from each
subnet - thus reducing the hardware requirements - I am taking about 4
subnets. Alternatively it seems I will have to have
a dedicated box for each subnet ?

Tks,

-Bob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.