[cups.general] CUPS 1.1.23rc1 patches, where to send them?

Marc Balmer marc at msys.ch
Sat Dec 25 06:14:30 PST 2004

Hi Michael

> No, there is no mailing address for patches - all changes to the
> CUPS software have to be entered as STRs.  I realize that this can
> be something of a pain, but we have put a CM process in place to
> make sure that we can track changes and do high-quality software
> releases...

That is really a bit of a pain...  Well, I took the pain on me and I
entered all problems related to the CUPS cource code into your webform,
off course with source code patches added.

We really do care about quality and security, so we want to see these
patches go into your software before the rc2 release.  The plan is to
have a fine 1.1.23 (final) in OpenBSD, but without the bugs the software
has at the moment.

I did not post the other patches that are needed to build and run this
software on OpenBSD but only the real C bugs.  str 1035 could lead to a
buffer overflow, btw.

Regards,
Marc Balmer,  mbalmer at openbsd.org