Saving content of print jobs to a file

Matt wsbg at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 27 12:51:51 PST 2004

Hi.  I've been receiving a windows executable through my CUPS printing system (even with printer sharing disabled).  The printer would not print immediately because it appears that someone or some program was trying to send a raw executable to my system.  I've fixed the problem by putting up a firewall, but am interested in setting up a honeypot; thus allowing the person/software to send the file as a print job and saving the print job's entire content to a file, then sending that file to an anti-virus scanner to see what it is.  How do I save print job's contents (whole contents) to a file, where the file would be on queue for printing but is still waiting for me to turn my printer on.  Do I have to set up a RAW printer >> file? or can I simply save the data as sent to my currently installed actual printer?

Thanks for your help.  I'm really wanting to capture this to a file for examination.  Thanks.