canon lbp-1210

Michael map7 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Dec 29 22:34:02 PST 2004

I've got a Canon lbp-1210 and would like to get it to print under FreeBSD 4.10 or higher.  I'm using FreeBSD 4.10 but can upgrade if required to the latest 5.3 release.  I'm using CUPS 1.1.20 and will be upgrading that soon but I was wondering has anyone had any luck getting this printer to work under CUPs?  It's a very nice little printer but it's a pitty that Canon didn't included any emulation such as PS or PCL.

I see someone on this listing is trying to get a very simular printer to this working the 1120, does this printer work and would those drivers work for my printer?

If no is the answer to all my questions how do I help integrate such drivers into CUPs?  I'm a programmer and would be happy to attempt to add some drivers for printers to help CUPs development and the future of FreeBSD and Linux.

~Michael