[cups.general] receive data from filter

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pinux.info
Thu Dec 30 06:14:41 PST 2004

Hello,

On Dec/30/2004, Helge Blischke wrote:
> Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am doing a filter to split one post script file to two jobs.
> >
> > The "filter" works fine if i do:
> >
> > cat file.ps | ./split
> >
> > I would like to have a printer in Cups that receives a postscript job
> > and then process with this "command" or "filter".
> >
> > I have modified a .ppd file to call my script in cupsFilter, but it
> > seems that before i receive the file this one is modified.
> >
> > I have tried  with cupsFilter "*/* 0 split", then
> > "Application/some_post_script 0 split" and something more but no good
> > results.
> >
> > Which is the best way to do this?
> >
> > Thank you very much!
> >

> What do you intend to achieve by this splitting? By design, CUPS filters
> are activated
> on a per job basis.

what i want to do achieving: to print a job using two printers (one of
them for color pages, other one for black and white pages).

Then, some easy way to disable CUPS filters per job?

The only that i need is that my "filter" receives the postscript file,
before any process of cups.

Thank you very much,

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info