HP Deskjet frequently stuck

Mehmet Seckiner seckiner at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 04:43:26 PST 2004

Hi,

I use an HP 3550 Deskjet printer on a 2.4.25 kernel debian sarge system.

When I send documents to my local printer described above, approximately one of four or five documents gets my printer stuck. I press on its one and only button in different techniques but it doesn't continue or lets the paper go out or power off the printer. I must disconnect its plug and cut electricity.

Then when I reconnect electricity, delete the file from queue, reactivate the printer via cups software and resend the document I have much chance to get a printed document knowing one of the other two or three will stuck again.

What may be the possible reasons? May a kernel upgrade be a solution?
I am lookling forward to your recommendations.