Network connection for HP Deskjet 1220c

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Dec 31 07:58:10 PST 2004

I am connecting my HP Deskjet 1220c to my G4 Mac (running OS 10.3.7).  After having discovered Gimp-print as the solution to connectivity problems I downlaoded and installed it.  I was able to make the connection and successfully print via USB.  However, on the network (Ethernet) mode I can set up the printer, but when I send a docuemtn to print nothing happens - I get a message of "looking for printer."  Any ideas on what's going on here?

On a related note, I tried troubleshooting using CUPS, but when I try most options I am promted for a username and password - yet I can find no place to set those up.  What am I mssing?

Thanks.

Jim