HP DeskJet 5550 stopped printing

abuse at msn.com abuse at msn.com
Mon Dec 6 22:41:47 PST 2004

I have been using CUPS for some time.
A short while ago it stopped being able to print on my DeskJet 5550, which is on a USB port.
The device is /dev/usb/lp0 and the spool is lp0.

It used to work fine and the HP LaserJet 4L on the parallel port. (/dev/lp0 and spool lp1) works just fine.

I am running Debian Sarge upgraded to the latest.
CUPS was install via apt-get.
I also installed cupsys-bsd.

I checked the config file and can't see what if anything is wrong there.

I have set up network printing and again lp0 doesn't print; lp1 does.

Does anyone have a fix for this?
Thanks.
...Dave

PS
My real email address is: beagle7[X]pacificcoast.net
...Replace '[X]' with '@'