[cups.development] Support for Zebra SmartCard Printers?

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Dec 17 15:51:24 PST 2004

Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> All that does not sound too bad for me, so I wonder:
>
>  - Is there anyone who is working on this already, per chance?

Not that I am aware of.

>  - Is there anyone who could do this and would be interested in doing
>    this? And under which conditions?

We are available to develop printer drivers; contact me via email
for pricing, etc.  I will second the Windows driver developer's
comments - thus far the documentation and support from Zebra has
been excellent!

I looked at the documentation, and it appears that a basic driver
(minimally-corrected CMYK output with lamination) should not be
hard to implement.

>  - Is there anyone who has another SmartCard printer to recommend that
>    is already supported?

I don't know of any that are already supported, at least not with
free software drivers (I think there are some OSX drivers)