[cups.general] cups filters

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Sun Jul 25 12:07:42 PDT 2004

Yes, use in your .convs file "*/*" as the incoming mime type and 0 as
cost factor or use

*cupsFilter "*/* 0 yourfilter"

in the PPD file.

With the cupsFilter line as shown here in the PPD file every file is
passed through your filter and only through your filter, so usual CUPS
filtering will not take place any more. So make your filter
understanding as many formats as possible.

The way of using "*/*" as incoming mime type in the .convs file makes
your filter and only your filter always being used if CUPS wants to make
a file of the outcoming mime type of your filter.

    Till