New ppd's

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Jul 22 06:46:42 PDT 2004

rjgoyette at anl.gov wrote:
> Here is a slightly harder question:  We are starting to use a lot of
> Xerox Phaser printers, but there is no Xerox entry under Make or
> Model.  Is there a way for me to add these myself, or has someone
> been keeping up with the new printers and ppds?

You can use the PPD files that come with the printer; the Win2k
PPD files are probably the best place to start, just run them through
the cupstestppd program to check for any obvious errors, copy them
to /usr/share/cups/model (maybe create a subdirectory under there
for Xerox if you like), and restart the CUPS service so it sees the
new files.