crossing networks with CUPS

rjgoyette at anl.gov rjgoyette at anl.gov
Thu Jul 22 08:41:54 PDT 2004

One more issue in my attempt to implement a print server.  What do you do if your server is on a different network that some of your clients, with a router in between?  I have my test server in one subnet, and some clients in another network and a cicso router (is there any other kind?) between the two.  Clients in the same subnet have no trouble seeing the printers on the server, but clients in the other subnet, the ones that have to cross a router, don't see any of the printers on the server.  I have tried  different BrowserAddress options, so far no joy.  Is this one of those local broadcast issues, where the broadcast from the server will not cross a router?

And advice?