is cups not printing true raw to dot matrix printer?

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Thu Jul 15 20:05:00 PDT 2004

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:19:31 +0100, ekkard gerlach wrote:

> cups seem not to print true raw when trying to send
> raw data to a old matrix printer. What can I do
> to force raw data printing like with samba or
> with LPD?

o You have to specify -o raw

o -o raw doesn't work for remote queues

o You can make truly raw printing the default by modifying
  /etc/cups/mime.types and /etc/cups/mime.convs

Add:

application/octet-stream

as the default type (no recognizers) to mime.types.  Add:

application/octet-stream        application/vnd.cups-raw        0       -

to mime.convs.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>