Failsafe operation

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Jul 16 10:51:03 PDT 2004

cbahrmann at psu.edu wrote:
> I am trying to set up multiple cups servers on our network to provide
> failsafe operation if our primary cups server goes down.  I have
> successfuly configured both servers to run on their own but how do I
> make the clients switchover to the backup if the primary is down?

As long as the clients see both of the servers then it will happen
automatically (the default configuration merges the queues into
implicit classes and hides the original queues - you can set the
HideImplicitMembers directive to "no" on one of the clients to see
that all of the printers and servers are accounted for...)