Shrink oversize pages to papersize

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Tue Jul 20 07:25:04 PDT 2004

franz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to printout some pdf-documents without "Shrink oversize pages to papersize" from the commandline.
>
> From acroread I choose the switch at the printout dialog.
> But I don't know the switch at the commandline (lpr -...)
>
> Does anybody know about it?

Look into your printer's PPD for "Fit to Page " or something similar.
For instance, most HP printers provide:
---snip---
*HPPaperPolicy PromptUser/Benutzer auffordern: "
   <</DeferredMediaSelection true>> setpagedevice"
*End
*HPPaperPolicy NearestSizeAdjust/N<e4>chstes Format mit Skalierung: "
   <</DeferredMediaSelection false /Policies << /PageSize 3 >> >>
setpagedevice"
*End
*HPPaperPolicy NearestSizeNoAdjust/N<e4>chstes Format mit Beschnitt: "
   <</DeferredMediaSelection false /Policies << /PageSize 5 >> >>
setpagedevice"
*End
---snip---
Then use
	HPPaperPolicy=NearestSizeAdjust
as a job attribute.

Helge

PS: What I use to do is to select this option as a default via the web
configuration.

H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
H.Blischke at srz-berlin.com
H.Blischke at acm.org