Printer Configuration does not get updated on Windows Clients

Joerg Messbacher joerg.messbacher at seyes.org
Wed Jul 7 05:20:24 PDT 2004

Hello,
I'm using CUPS (cups-1.1.19-10mdk) and SAMBA (3.0.0) on a Linux Server running Mandrake 9.2. The Clients run Windows 2K/XP.

If I update the printer configuration on the server, only clients on which the driver was not installed before get the new settings, the other clients still use the old setting - how can I change this?

I've installed the Windows driver on the server via Windows' Add Printer Wizard. Even if I un-install the driver (in the printers view: Server properties - Drivers - remove [translated from German Windows)) it doesn't help. Installing the same printer as a new printer under CUPS doesn't help as well.

Greetings,
Joerg