[cups.general] Problem printing with cups 1.1.20/1.1.19

Matthias Czapla dermatsch at gmx.de
Mon Jul 12 09:38:19 PDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 06:48:47PM +0100, Rob Keeling wrote:
> I have hit a bit of a problem with printing from a Suse 9.1 box running cups
> 1.1.20 to a Suse 8.2 print server
> running Cups 1.1.19.
>
> I can configure /etc/cups/client.conf to point to the 8.2 print server, and
> everything works, however the workstation
> sees all the 30 odd print queues on the printer server. I only want the
> workstaion to see 3 of the printers.

Beware that I don't have hands-on experience with CUPS clients. But
I could imagine that since the information about available printers
is spread by the CUPS server automagically to the clients, it should
be enough to restrict access to the printers by means of the
<Location>-directive in cupsd.conf.

Regards
Matthias