[cups.general] Margins again

Mac Mason mac at cs.hmc.edu
Wed Jul 28 15:17:52 PDT 2004

So, a re-install from scratch has successfully fixed my duplexing
problem.

However, an earlier issue, with a Xerox 5400 having margines of exactly
0 (when printing text files, the test page, etc) has not resolved
itself. When I asked this question before, it was suggested that I use
lpadmin -o page-left=X -o page-right=X, and (as I recall) that fixed it
before; however, it has not fixed it this time.

Is there anywhere I can hard-configure these values?

On a related note, will these changes automatically propogate to
machines that are getting these printers via broadcast? I'm not too up
on how, exactly, that works.

Thanks!

    --Mac
Julian "Mac" Mason                            mac at cs.hmc.edu
Computer Science '06                          (909)-607-3129
Harvey Mudd College