[cups.general] Dependency Nightmare

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Jul 21 06:54:14 PDT 2004

Tim Johnson wrote:
> When I attempt to install this package as follows (as root):
> rpm -Uvf gimp-print-4.2.6-1.i386.rpm

Don't forget to upgrade all of the gimp-print RPMs...

> 1)What the &*(^ do I do now?

First: Don't Panic! :)

Second: remember to upgrade all of the gimp-print RPMs, as
they depend on each other.  The error you got the second time
came up because you only tried upgrading the base package and
not the -devel and other packages.

> 2)I recognize that there is a commercial component to CUPS
>   and Mr. Sweet deserves compensation for his admirable efforts.
>   (and *I* would rather be receiving compensation from my customers
>    than eating up my time with this so far fruitless effort)
>
>    What commercial solutions is there for me to quickly get
>    my printer working, what is it going to cost, and if I go for
>    it where do I get it?

We do offer ESP Print Pro for $49 (download), which can be demoed
for free for 21 days.  The direct link is:

     http://www.easysw.com/printpro/

The current release doesn't contain a PPD for the C64, but if you
email me I can send you one that will work with the 4.4.1 drivers.