[cups.general] PDF creation with CUPS and without Samba for Win2k-clients

Marcus Mundt Marcus.Mundt at forsa.de
Fri Jul 30 00:23:07 PDT 2004

Hi there,

I`d like to setup a suse 9.1 system which runs CUPS. This server should
convert send data to PDFs.
Win2k-clients get an IPP-Printer (postscript) and by sending a printing job
the printer on the suse 9.1 server creates with an adequate filter
PDF-files. The created files should be saved on a Novell server.

Please let me know if this is possible and if Samba must be used. Since
Win2k supports IPP, printing ought to work this way, am I right?
Any further suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your help

Marcus