Brother install kills Star printing

Toddcups at magniloquent.com Toddcups at magniloquent.com
Tue Jul 27 11:03:00 PDT 2004

I have SuSE 9.1 with cups 1.1.20 installed.  If I install the Star Receipt Printer on /dev/lp0, with the tsp613 driver as supplied by Star, all is fine.  If I then go on to install the Brother HL-1440 on the USB port, and use the hl1250 driver, the Star then no longer works.

At this point, the Brother works fine.  If I install the Brother before the Star, the star never works.  If I install the Brother with the hpijs driver, the second recommendation, it still does not work.

Any ideas about this?  Any install method I could use to get this to work?  Has anyone even seen this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated, and let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,
Todd

Cups Version: 1.1.20
Linux version: SuSE 9.1
Printer 1: Star TSP613 Receipt Printer on /dev/lp0
Printer 2: Brother HL-1440 on USB connection
PC: Dell Optiplex SX260