Allow anyone to cancel/hold any print job

Manuel Capinha mainfram3 at mail.pt
Wed Jul 21 12:31:33 PDT 2004

Hi Marc.
I've had the same problem, the only way I found to fix it was by adding the following, to my printer's <Location> directive in cups.conf:

Require valid-user

This made it work, at least for Windows clients. Before adding the Require command, Windows was only sending the username of the job owner,and wasn't performing any actual authentication.

Hope this helps!
Manuel