cups windows driver causing protection fault

Mike cavanaugh mcavanaugh at crt.xerox.com
Sun Jul 4 17:13:40 PDT 2004

The windows cups postscript driver is causing a protection fault whenever the prefernces are opened on a Windows XP client. Printing works, however.

I used cupsaddsmb to add the driver to our samba server which is version 3.04. I'm able to connect from a Windows XP client and open and use the printer. But, opening the preferences causes a protection fault. I've tried several version of the cups driver 5.0rc3, 5.0rc1, and even 1.1.16.

Has anyone see this behaviour before?