Brother Hl-5130 and cups

Helge Blischke H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de
Thu Jul 22 04:20:57 PDT 2004

Francois Fernandes wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've just bought an Brother HL-5130 Laser printer. I thought that this
> printer is supported by cups. On the driver CD there was an ppd for
> windows. Is it possible to use this ppd with cups? I've made a run with
> cupstestppd and it reported that it isn't in Adobe format.
>
> Is it possible to convert such a ppd (I've made an attachment with the ppd)
> so that I'm able to use it with cups?
>
> Has anyone made it to use it with cups?

The attached file is _not_ a PPD according to Adobe's "PostScript
Printer Description
File Format". It is rather a description using the same or similar
keywords for use
by a proprietary driver software for a printer presumably eating some
sort of PCL.

The printer list on linuxprinting.org does not mention this printer, so
I don't know
what you may do with it.

Helge

H.Blischke at srz-berlin.de