Getting color on a Xerox Phaser 6250

Patrick Spinler pspinler at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 07:06:56 PDT 2004

Hi all:

Our office recently purchased a color Xerox Phaser 6250 printer.  I
visited the xerox web site, found a set of proprietary linux (!) drivers
for it, and extracted a ppd file from the driver directory tree.

The ppd file identifies itself as a Xerox generic Laser Printer driver.

Using this ppd and the lpd protocol, I am able to print to this printer,
but, no color.

I assume that the ppd file has something to do with this.  Can someone
please give me a hint as to what sort of hackery I need perform on the
ppd file in order to enable color printing to this device ?

Thanks a ton !
-- Pat