./configure = jpeglib.h usability... no

Andrew McCall mccall at h2o.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 02:09:52 PDT 2004

Hi Folks,

Sorry if this is in the wrong group, I wasn't too sure if I should post
it in development or general, its not specifically about developing
CUPS, but figured this was probably the best group for it.

I am installing CUPS 1.1.20 on a SPARC server running Solaris 9.

I have installed jpeg-6b, libpng-1.2.5, tiff-v3.6.1, zlib-1.2.1 into
/usr/local/* as is recommended in the documentation.  However, when I do
a ./configure --prefix=/usr/local the jpeg-6b library and header are not
found as can be seen by this section configures output:

checking jpeglib.h usability... no
checking jpeglib.h presence... no
checking for jpeglib.h... no

PNG, TIFF and ZLib are all found no problems.  CUPS still compiles and
works, but I am worried that I may need jpeg functionality at some point
in the future so I would really like to get this fixed.

Can anyone suggest why this is happening, and how I can fix it?

I compiles and installed jpeg-6b using these commands:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install

I compiled CUPS-1.1.20 using these commands:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/
make
make install

Thanks,