New Feature: would anyone find this usefull?

PieterJan Pieterjandeboeck at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 09:19:05 PDT 2004

Here's an idea for a new cups function: have the cups deamon broadcast a notification of some sort so other applications that are supposed to react to such an event can do so without bothering the cupsd with update status requests at set intervals.

Usage example:

I'm making a program that waits for incomming jobs. Than sets these jobs on hold and asks the user for a new print job name. Then unholds the job and allows continuation of print process.

Reason:

The firm I work for manipulates all sorts of media for the publishing industry and requires the files to be saved under certain codes. We don't want to rename our files all the time therefore the feature.

PJ