[cups.development] Re: cupsd.conf / osx

Sanjay Mishra Samishra at quark.co.in
Sun Jul 25 23:44:25 PDT 2004

Many time I need to look into the hidden files for one or the other reasons.
some time I just want to dig in and don't know the exact path. At that time
my shell script comes handy. It will be of help to you all too. Here it is:
--------------
case "$1" in
true | false)
  defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles $1 ;;
*)
 echo " arg should be either true or false";;
esac
I named this file as ShowAllFiles. and use it
./ShowAllFiles true   => to switch on the hidden file view in finder
(Remember to relauch finder from the Force Quit Application window. Without
that finder does not read the plist again.)
./ShowAllFiles false  => to switch off the feature. (Yet again relauch
Finder from the Force Quit Application window.)

Thanks,
Sanjay Mishra