CUPSD listens to Port: 631

PieterJan Pieterjandeboeck at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 09:09:13 PDT 2004

Thanks Michael Sweet :)

That was good to know! This is what I'm going to do: gonna use cups.h under mac os x and query the cups deamon at set intervals and check if a print job is running. hold and rename. This with http andd IPP gets and posts to the server. I 've no idea how costly this method would be, im going empyrical on this one :/ So for clarification, to be absolutely sure:

There is NO WAY to make the cupsd broadcast some sort of notification?

Thanks again for Michael Sweet for replying to me. And a big thanks to the makers of CUPS for a truly EXCELLENT product!

PJ