[cups.general] CUPS client to Windows 2003 print server

Carrie Knox knox at sgi.com
Tue Jun 15 09:10:24 PDT 2004

Hello,

On a Fedora-C2  client system running
cups-1.1.20-6
cups-libs-1.1.20-6
libgnomecups-0.1.6-7

This system only needs to print.  It will not be a print server.

The following print queue has been setup to print through  a Windows
2003 print server.   I am able to print the postscript test page, but
the error "Unable to get job 106 attributes
(client-error-not-possible)!" message occurs.    I am unable to print
anything outside of the printer configuration test page.  Jobs appear to
queue, but they do not print.

Here is the /etc/cups/printers.conf entry.
# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.1.20
# Written by cupsd on Tue 15 Jun 2004 08:59:04 AM CDT
<DefaultPrinter b2r183>
Info Created by redhat-config-printer 0.6.x
Location
DeviceURI http://137.38.224.43/printers/b2r183/.printer
State Stopped
StateMessage Unable to get job 106 attributes (client-error-not-possible)!
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

Has anyone been able to get CUPS printing to a Windows 2003 print server
to work?

Am I missing something obvious?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.  It is appreciated.

Carrie